Skip to main content

SECRECY IN FREEMASON




Secrecy never understood i wonder what is rally hidden in this group maybe somethings you see in the movies like 24, alias, prison break but only God knows, read this about the secrecy of freemason

sat down on a bench and pulled out my pipe. I rubbed out a flake of my beloved Virginia tobacco, struck a match, and puffed as I contemplated the subject of the meeting I was about to have with a Brother. He was new to the lodge and had questions, so I had agreed to meet him in the park between our places of business. I noticed him approaching me, smiling and waving as he progressed along the sidewalk.
“Good afternoon,” he said, “I really appreciate you taking the time to meet me here. I have so many questions about the degrees, but everyone else seems to change the subject when I bring them up.”
“Well, that isn’t much of a surprise,” I replied, “chances are that they lack the knowledge to give you a proper answer. Their silence is the best way to maintain their intelligent reputation. What kind of questions do you have?”
“Well, I’m kind of ashamed, but I don’t really get the whole concept of secrecy…I mean, what is secret and what is not. My wife is constantly bugging me about what we do in lodge, but I guess I don’t know what to tell her. I am excited about the lodge and want to share my excitement with someone, but well…you’ve heard the, uh, penalties, and I don’t need to be going around getting myself into trouble.” He had a sincere expression of anxiety on his face. “So, just how secret are we?”
I chuckled at his nervous demeanor. The older members had certainly put the fear of God into this lad. It is always an unfortunate side affect of the rigid atmosphere that some of our stalwart members brought into lodge.
“First of all my Brother, the penalties are symbolic. They are simply meant to represent the sincerity with which you hold your obligations. You needn’t be worried about them, as long as you walk upright and life and strive to be a good Mason and don’t go around announcing our secrets, you will be a welcome member of our fraternity.”
“But, what are those secrets? How do I know when I am announcing them to everyone if I don’t know what they are?”
I paused for a second and watched as a businessman hustled by, munching on a hot dog. “Well, are the ideas of equality, truth, enlightenment, and honor hidden from the world?”
“Absolutely not!” he replied with enthusiasm.
“Well, just as these are not hidden from the masses and are also taught in a Masonic lodge, so are all of the lessons and concepts which the order teaches common knowledge. There is nothing secret about the lessons we teach. Many people believe in God, morality, and the immortality of the soul, there is nothing esoteric about that. You can tell your wife all about what you learned in lodge and how it has made you a better man.”
“That’s a relief,” he said as he wiped the perspiration from his forehead with a handkerchief,”so what is off limits?”
“What makes Masonry esoteric is the forms by which we teach these lessons. The system of hieroglyphic moral instruction which we use to teach these lessons is secret. Symbolism has long been the best way to express abstract concepts and you witnessed that. There are doubtlessly many lessons taught to you in Masonry that you were already aware of, but their presentation deeply imprinted them upon your mind.”
I stopped to relight my pipe, the still, humid summer air had caused the embers to be extinguished. “Go on…” my friend said.
“So, we keep the forms secret so that they may have the maximum impact upon you. Also, they are how we can identify one another, lest someone undeserving of our lessons receive them and misinterpret their meaning. These are known as the modes of recognition, you didn’t think that it was just a silly handshake did you? Everything in Masonry has a special meaning. I am still learning many of those and you will continue to learn, as well. We never become true Master Masons, because we are always improving our craft. The secrets are simply the esoteric symbols and forms by which we may know a man to be a Brother. This teaches us to be trustworthy and protects our craft from fraud.”
“Oh, I see, so I can tell my wife all about the lessons which have improved my character, but I just can’t show her how they were taught to me!”
“You got it!” I replied with a grin. I always enjoy watching the Masonic light burn in a new Brother’s eyes.
“My lord, I am famished, I haven’t eaten a thing all day. I’d better grab a frank and get back to work!”
“You’d better do that,” I said, “I hope I helped out a bit.”
“You sure did, say you want to meet here tomorrow?”
“Absolutely,” I replied, “but next time, bring your lunch!”
From: Essays on Freemasonry from the Middle Chamber: By Terence Satchell (http://www.phoenixmasonry.org)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A MASON IN NIGERIA

 After all i have said about this fraternity if you are still interested in becoming a mason there are just simply ways in which you can do that, but inspite of my post i am neither encouraging nor discouraging you all i am doing is just to let you know more about this frat and there's more to come about those who have joined, the so called stars like jay-z, kanye west etc i guess its just 7 simple ways to join and off you go  Are there things you want to accomplish in your life? Are there ways you want to enrich yourself? Do you enjoy being with people you like and respect? As a Freemason, you’ll find friendship and fraternity. You’ll develop life skills like self-confidence, leadership, and effective communication. You’ll learn to work as part of a team  and to better yourself as you help others. Think about taking the first step into becoming a Mason. It is widely thought that one must be invited to become a Freemason or that Freemasonry is so exclusive as to be beyond the

RIP BRANAMA

An official statement from Kefee's UK publicist confirming her passing. Find it below: On behalf of the family….It is with a great sadness but grateful hearts that we announce the passing to glory due to lungs failure this morning of our God’s mouth piece, chorus leader, daughter, wife, sister, friend Kefee Branama Queen … May her beautiful, gentle and precious soul rest in perfect peace. Amen!! PS: In contrast to all earlier rumors and stories in circulation, I do state that Kefee wasn’t 6 months pregnant and neither did she have pre-eclampsia. For the family Adeline Adelicious Adebayo, (Kefee’s UK Manager) AJETUN A few weeks ago, news broke that Nigerian gospel singer, Irikefe Obareki, better known as Keffee, had collapsed on an airplane on her way to Chicago, USA. Nigerians and fans of the Branama singer went into serious prayers for her , wishing her well and a speedy recovery. Few days later, the doctors came out with the verdict that she had suffered what they ca

13 Places You Should Visit In before the end of 2013

  Wikimedia Commons It's more than halfway through 2013 and even though the summer is winding down, there's still plenty of time to book a trip to a great destination. We looked at major developments, cultural trends, and global festivals to find the hottest places to travel around the world in 2013. There are vast untouched landscapes that offer incredible outdoor experiences, cities that are experiencing a cultural rebirth, and up-and-coming destinations that offer great deals and few tourists. London, England Since Kate Middleton gave birth to Prince George Alexander Louis last week , England has been in the national spotlight, and is expecting a tourism boost. But that's not the only reason to visit the UK right now. The 2012 Summer Olympics in London came and went, but many of the buildings, restaurants, hotels and venues that sprouted up to accommodate the hundreds of thousands of visitors who came for the Olympics still stand. Several new building